- Aug. 13, 2023
SONGFEST – AN ACAPELLA EXPERIENCE
SongFest with Keith Lancaster is coming to our church Wednesday, Oct. 18 at 7 p.m. Find details on our SongFest webpage, including audio files of the songs we will be singing, so you can learn the songs before the event. Most of the recordings include the individual parts (soprano, alto, tenor, and bass). You can also sign up for three free months of Praise & Harmony TV. This is a special offer for our church that will let you hear the songs we will sing in beautiful four-part harmony. The directions for accessing your free, three-month subscription can be found on our website.
BACK TO SCHOOL FAMILY PICNIC AUGUST 18
Our ROCKs and Youth Group have teamed up to celebrate the end of a fun summer, and all families (regardless of child/ages) are invited to a Family Picnic at the Park! We will be meeting at the shelter at Clepper Park on Friday, Aug. 18 at 5:30 p.m. Bring a dish to share so we can eat and fellowship together. RSVP and find more details on CCB or contact Tessa Taylor with additional questions.
TEACHERS NEEDED FOR SEPTEMBER BIBLE TIME
Contact Michelle Ingland at email@example.com if you can share your time and talents with our children. We use The Gospel Project curriculum for our kids in grades 5 and under, and it provides stories, videos, and activities to help you share the Bible. Not comfortable teaching a class yet? Sign up to be an assistant! It’s a great way to introduce yourself to the joyful experience of teaching our next generation of believers.
PIECEMAKERS MEET SEPT. 9
The Piecemakers’ group is for anyone who enjoys quilting, sewing, knitting, crocheting, etc., plus fellowship and friendship. All hobbies are welcome as is anyone from our church or the community at large. The next meeting is Saturday, Sept. 9 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Lunch is included.
COMMUNITY GIVEAWAY SEPT. 16
The annual Community Giveaway will be Saturday, Sept. 16 from 9 a.m. through noon. Start your fall cleaning now and bring your used, but still good, items to contribute to the inventory. To volunteer or learn more, contact Pat Moore.
CLASSIC CAR CRUISE-IN SEPT. 23
Church members and folks from around the area will be displaying their classic cars, muscle cars, or just plain cool cars Sunday, Sept. 23 beginning at 6 p.m. in the Withamsville church parking lot. There’s no fee to show your car, and admission for spectators is free as well.
GOD LOVES A CHEERFUL GIVER
Your financial gifts help the church continue our work here and around the world. You can give by placing cash or check in the contribution box, mailing your check to the church, or giving online through CCB.
If you cannot join us in person this Sunday, please join through our YouTube livestream.
- Bible class begins at 9 a.m. – Don’t Give the Enemy a Seat at Your Table
- Worship service starts at 10 a.m. –Faith in Digital Babylon
Thank you for clicking the “like” button in YouTube under each class and sermon.
AUGUST PRAYER FOCUS
Constantly pray for each other that God by His power will bring to fruition our every desire for goodness and every good deed prompted by our faith. – 2 Thessalonians 1:11-12 (NIV)
- Gary Batten’s surgery on Tuesday went well. He is recovering in the hospital and has been up and walking the hallways.
- Caroline Knight’s granddaughter, Kelsey Howard, had a successful surgery to remove a large uterine cyst while being five months pregnant. Mom and baby are doing well and the cyst was not cancerous.
- Don Moore Sr. was expected to be discharged from the hospital this afternoon, and it looks like he will not need a heart valve replacement after all.
- Tom and Cindi Barker request prayers for their brother-in-law, James Waycaster, who had part of his big toe surgically removed due to infection. Would appreciate the prayers of the church that he heals quickly from that.
- Margie Miller requests prayer for Steve and Cindy Aleshin (Margie’s sister) as they navigate care for Steve’s mother in their home.
- Virginia Marquett has been in Bethesda North hospital after she had shortness of breath last week.
PRAY FOR OUR EXPECTING MOTHERS: Danielle Halcomb, due Sept. 1; and Paige Daughety, due Sept. 14. Shelby Shinkle, due Dec. 10.
SUBMITTING YOUR REQUESTS
It is best to submit prayer requests online through CCB because your request goes directly to the elders and the office. You can also email the church at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (513) 752-9819 if you prefer.
- Back to School Family Picnic in the Park – Friday, Aug. 18, 5:30 p.m.@ Clepper Park
- Piecemakers Meeting – Saturday, Sept. 9, 9 a.m.
- Community Giveaway – Saturday, Sept. 16, 9 a.m.
- Classic Car Cruise-In – Sunday, Sept. 23
Adult Class – Don’t Give the Enemy a Seat at the Table – Steve Ferro, Auditorium – June 11-Aug. 27
In this class, we will unpack God’s plan on how to overcome the enemy’s lies and find peace and spiritual security in any circumstance or situation. God has set a table for you filled with a banquet of peace, clarity, and purpose. But Satan is constantly looking for an invitation, seeking to fill your mind with distractions, fear, worry, insecurity, anxiety, temptation, and doubt. By trusting God’s plan, we can keep Satan from taking a seat at our perfect table set by God.
College and Young Adults Class – 1 Timothy, Mike Gulley’s Office
Paul’s first letter to Timothy gives practical advice on leading, administrating, and pastoring the local church. The instructions in this letter apply to any leader or prospective leader of Christ’s church and are equally relevant today as they were in Paul’s day. For those not called into leadership roles in their church, the book is still practical. Every follower must contend for the faith and avoid false teaching. Every follower must stand firm and persevere.
Youth Classes – The Lies We Believe (and the Truth of the Gospel) – Christian Thompson and others – Youth House
This study is for our students grades 6-12. Sometimes it can feel like the messages the world is saying are so loud and consistent, it’s hard not to believe them. In this study, we will combat some of the lies we hear with what the truth of the Gospels says. This study is based on the book The Lies We Believe by Dr. Chris Thurman. More details here.
Children’s Classes– Lower-level classrooms, 4-K in the loft
The lesson for our children through grade 5 comes from Luke 13:22-35 and is titled Jesus Knew He Would Be Rejected.
WEDNESDAY EVENING – 7 p.m.
Adults and Youth – Meet in the Fellowship Hall
We will be exploring the core values of our church through the month of August, with classes led by the elders in our church.
- We Unite as a Family in Christ – Aug. 16, Hal Good
- We Invite Others to the Blessed Life of Salvation in Christ – Aug. 23, Don Moore
- We Love and Serve Others to Bring Glory to Christ – Aug. 30, Jim Farley
Children – Meet in the fellowship hall with parents. Dismissed to class after announcements. Kids age 2-K are in the loft. Kids in grades 1-5, meet downstairs, classroom #7.
Nursery – The nursery is now staffed on Wednesday evenings for children under 2. Meet in the fellowship hall with parents. Dismissed to nursery after announcements.
- Aug. 13, 2023SONGFEST – AN ACAPELLA EXPERIENCESongFest with Keith Lancaster is coming to our church Wednesday, Oct. 18 at 7 p.m. Find details…
- Aug. 6, 2023PREPARE FOR SONGFEST – LEARN THE SONGS IN ADVANCE!You can sign up for three free months of Praise & Harmony TV to…
- July 30, 2023SIENA GARDENS SERVICE SUNDAY, JULY 30 AT 4 P.M.Please join us for service with the residents of Siena Gardens,1055 Ohio…