Camp ROCKs (Raising Our Christian Kids) is a week-long, overnight summer camp hosted annually by Withamsville Church of Christ at Camp Lebanon in Oregonia, Ohio. Kids from 1st through 5th grade (just completed) can attend during the first week of July and have an amazing time while they learn about Jesus. In addition to the daily lesson, there are games each night, crafts, canoeing, singing, and a water slide.
Previous campers who want to be leaders within Camp ROCKs can serve as CITs. Please understand that there are a limited number of openings.
SUGGESTED PACKING LIST
- Outfits for each day, plus at least 2 additional outfits. Some campers find it helpful to have complete outfits in ziplock bags
- Tennis shoes + extra pair of shoes
- At least one pair of sturdy sandals
- Extra socks and underwear in case it gets wet!
- Girls: One-piece swimsuit or tankini in which the top and bottom touches
- Boys: Swim trunks and a shirt to wear to and from the slide
- Swim towel and bath towel
- Bedding and pillow
- Daily hygiene items – deodorant, toothbrush/paste, shower supplies, brush
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen/bug repellent
- Rain jacket/rain boots
- One sweatshirt
- Laundry bag for dirty clothes (or black trash bag)
What time is check-in/pick-up?
Check-in is Sunday, July 2 from 2 p.m. to 4 pm. Pick-up on Saturday, July 8, at 10 a.m.
Can I visit my camper during the week?
No. We have a busy schedule at camp and do not allow visitors on campus.
Can I send mail to my camper?
Yes! Please send mail to your camper at:
Camp Lebanon Retreat Center
Camper Mail for: Child’s name
4464 Emmons Rd
Oregonia, OH 45036
Is my camper allowed to bring their phone?
No. We do not allow any electronics at camp. They take away from the camp experience and could get lost, broken, or stolen. Staff have cell phones for emergency purposes only. If your camper has an emergency, you will be notified by the camp nurse or camp director.
What kind of supervision will my child have?
Camp ROCKs is staffed by volunteers from our church who spend the week onsite with the kids. Adult counselors and teenage junior counselors, plus counselors in training, organize events, crafts, and recreation activities. All adult staff, including volunteers, are background checked. Campers are required to use the buddy system while at camp and are not allowed to walk the grounds alone.
If you have other questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (513) 752-9819.