PREPARE FOR SONGFEST – LEARN THE SONGS IN ADVANCE!
You can sign up for three free months of Praise & Harmony TV to get ready for SongFest! This is a special offer for our church that will let you hear the songs we will sing in beautiful four-part harmony. The directions for accessing your free, three-month subscription can be found on our website. You can also use this QR code for the directions page.
BABY SHOWER FOR DANIELLE (LANG) HALCOMB THIS SUNDAY
Baby Halcomb is coming soon! The shower for Danielle and baby will be this Sunday right after service in the fellowship hall. Everyone is invited! The Halcombs are registered on babylist.com. If you are interested in contributing to a group gift, please see Shara Aubrey.
BRING US YOUR POOR, YOUR TIRED, YOUR OUTDATED TECH DEVICES
The dawn of the digital age has changed much in our world. Kevin Stewart’s sermon series, beginning Aug. 13, will address how we remain faithful in this era. The stage will be set with old computers, TVs, and cell phones. If you have any of these items that could be used temporarily as the backdrop for the series, please see Karen Mason or email her at email@example.com.
GOD LOVES A CHEERFUL GIVER
Your financial gifts help the church continue our work here and around the world. You can give by placing cash or check in the contribution box, mailing your check to the church, or giving online through CCB.
BACK TO SCHOOL FAMILY PICNIC AUGUST 18
Our ROCKs and Youth Group have teamed up to celebrate the end of a fun summer, and all families (regardless of child/ages) are invited to a Family Picnic at the Park! We will be meeting at the shelter at Clepper Park on Friday, Aug. 18 at 5:30 p.m. Bring a dish to share so we can eat and fellowship together. RSVP and find more details on CCB or contact Tessa Taylor with additional questions.
COMMUNITY GIVEAWAY SEPTEMBER 16
The annual Community Giveaway will be Saturday, Sept. 16 from 9 a.m. through noon. Start your fall cleaning now and bring your used, but still good, items to contribute to the inventory. To volunteer or learn more, contact Pat Moore.
If you cannot join us in person this Sunday, please join through our YouTube livestream.
- Bible class begins at 9 a.m. – Don’t Give the Enemy a Seat at Your Table
- Worship service starts at 10 a.m. –Wisdom That Works: Life and Death
Thank you for clicking the “like” button in YouTube under each class and sermon.
AUGUST PRAYER FOCUS
Constantly pray for each other that God by His power will bring to fruition our every desire for goodness and every good deed prompted by our faith. – 2 Thessalonians 1:11-12 (NIV)
- Don Moore Sr. is having a procedure to replace a heart valve.
- David Brockett, a friend of Brian and Cindy Summers, has entered hospice care after a long struggle with cancer.
- Trish Gulley for her recent and ongoing health concerns.
- Joe Yaniell, a friend of Sean Summers, had hip surgery a month ago and is now experiencing complications.
- Joel Vanegas, a friend of Monica and Kevin’s who lives in Houston, has been diagnosed with cancer and is scheduled to undergo surgery.
- Bobbi Bowling, Kelli Hoskins’ sister, had surgery on her neck.
- Wanda Hoskins requests prayer for Shellie Lyle and her son. They are both are in the hospital – pray for the family to get them the help that they need. Wanda also requests prayers for Ann Terry, she had hip replacement and things aren’t going well
PRAY FOR OUR EXPECTING MOTHERS: Danielle Halcomb, due Sept. 1; and Paige Daughety, due Sept. 14. Also expecting, Tim & Jennifer Shinkle’s daughter-in-law, Shelby, who is due Dec. 10. She is going through this pregnancy by herself as husband Erik Shinkle is currently deployed and not set to return until the end of November.
SUBMITTING YOUR REQUESTS
It is best to submit prayer requests online through CCB because your request goes directly to the elders and the office. You can also email the church at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (513) 752-9819 if you prefer.
- Prime Timers meeting – Thursday, Aug. 10, 10:30 a.m.
- Back to School Family Picnic in the Park – Friday, Aug. 18, 5:30 p.m.@ Clepper Park
- Piecemakers Meeting – Saturday, Sept. 9, 9 a.m.
- Community Giveaway – Saturday, Sept. 16, 9 a.m.
ROCKs events are for children ages 1 through grade 5. Children are encouraged to bring friends to all ROCKs fun activities!
Youth Group is for young people in grades 6 through 12. Youth are encouraged to invite friends to participate in studies and activities.
Adult Class – Don’t Give the Enemy a Seat at the Table – Steve Ferro, Auditorium – June 11-Aug. 27
In this class, we will unpack God’s plan on how to overcome the enemy’s lies and find peace and spiritual security in any circumstance or situation. God has set a table for you filled with a banquet of peace, clarity, and purpose. But Satan is constantly looking for an invitation, seeking to fill your mind with distractions, fear, worry, insecurity, anxiety, temptation, and doubt. By trusting God’s plan, we can keep Satan from taking a seat at our perfect table set by God.
College and Young Adults Class – 1 Timothy, Mike Gulley’s Office
Paul’s first letter to Timothy gives practical advice on leading, administrating, and pastoring the local church. The instructions in this letter apply to any leader or prospective leader of Christ’s church and are equally relevant today as they were in Paul’s day. For those not called into leadership roles in their church, the book is still practical. Every follower must contend for the faith and avoid false teaching. Every follower must stand firm and persevere.
Youth Classes – The Lies We Believe (and the Truth of the Gospel) – Christian Thompson and others – Youth House
This study is for our students grades 6-12. Sometimes it can feel like the messages the world is saying are so loud and consistent, it’s hard not to believe them. In this study, we will combat some of the lies we hear with what the truth of the Gospels says. This study is based on the book The Lies We Believe by Dr. Chris Thurman. More details here.
Children’s Classes– Lower-level classrooms, 4-K in the loft
Our children through grade 5 will learn how We are Part of God’s Kingdom. Scripture references for this week’s lesson are from Matthew 22 and Luke 14.
WEDNESDAY EVENING – 7 p.m.
Adults and Youth – Meet in the Fellowship Hall
We will be exploring the core values of our church through the month of August, with classes led by the elders in our church.
- We Grow Each and Every Day Through the Power of the Holy Spirit – Aug. 9, Wayne Johnson
- We Unite as a Family in Christ – Aug. 16, Hal Good
- We Invite Others to the Blessed Life of Salvation in Christ – Aug. 23, Don Moore
- We Love and Serve Others to Bring Glory to Christ – Aug. 30, Jim Farley
Children – Meet in the fellowship hall with parents. Dismissed to class after announcements. Kids age 2-K are in the loft. Kids in grades 1-5, meet downstairs, classroom #7.
Nursery – The nursery is now staffed on Wednesday evenings for children under 2. Meet in the fellowship hall with parents. Dismissed to nursery after announcements.