- Saturday, Dec. 24 – Christmas Eve Service, including the play “Just a Little Christmas” performed by children in our ROCKs group, 3 p.m.
- Christmas Day – No 9 a.m. Bible classes. Our regular service will be held at 10 a.m. There will not be Children’s Bible Hour, but Children’s ministry will provide busy bags for our young ones during service.
- New Year’s Day – No 9 a.m. Bible classes. Our regular service will be held at 10 a.m. There will not be Children’s Bible Hour, but Children’s Ministry will provide busy bags for our young ones during service.
FUNERAL SERVICE DETAILS FOR JEAN GILLESPIE
Jean Gillespie’s funeral service will be held Wednesday, Dec. 28 at Withamsville Church of Christ. Visitation will be held from 10 a.m. to noon with the service immediately following. Memorial donations for Withamsville Church of Christ or Hospice of Cincinnati-Blue Ash can be sent to the church. If you wish to send flowers, please have them delivered to the church as well. Jean’s full obituary is available on the E.C. Nurre website.
GOD LOVES A CHEERFUL GIVER
Your financial gifts help the church continue our work here and around the world. You can give by placing cash or check in the contribution box, mailing your check to the church, or giving online through CCB.
NEW YEAR’S LOCK-IN
The Youth Group is holding a New Year’s Lock-In beginning Sunday, Jan. 1 at 7 p.m. and running through Monday, Jan. 2 at 7 a.m. Teens should eat dinner before arriving, but also bring a snack or a side as meatballs, fruit or veggie trays, meat and cheese trays, chips and salsa, pigs in a blanket, or any dessert items to share with the group. They usually stay up all night, but there will be boys and girls designated places for them to sleep if they decide to do so.
LADIES GAME NIGHT, FRIDAY, JAN. 20
Mark your calendars for a ladies’ game nigh on Jan. 20 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. All ladies are invited to join the fun – bring a friend, too. The more the merrier!
ARE YOU A ‘PIECE’MAKER?
The goal of the Piecemakers’ group is to bring together people for fellowship and friendship, who also enjoy quilting, sewing, knitting, crocheting, etc. All hobbies are welcome as is anyone from our church or the community at large. There will be four meetings this year with the first being Saturday, Jan. 28 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Come for the day or just an hour – the atmosphere is fun and informal.
LADY NOTES AVAILABLE NOW
Pick up the latest edition of Lady Notes on the welcome center counter in the lobby. You’ll find details on everything happening this month for the ladies of our congregation.
Please contact any of our staff members if you need access to the building outside of our regular hours but don’t have a key fob or access code: Cindy Summers, 330-466-1981; Christian Thompson, 806-239-2969; Mike Gulley, 513-519-4482; Michelle Ingland, 614-302-0672; or Kevin Stewart, 918-816-1769.
SUNDAY EVENING BIBLE STUDY
Here is the schedule for Sunday Evening Bible Study held in the auditorium at 6 p.m. Everyone is welcome to attend.
|Dec. 25||No Class||N/A|
|Jan. 1||No Class||N/A|
|Jan. 8||The Fruit of Self-Control||Keith|
If you cannot join us in person this Sunday, please join through our YouTube livestream.
- No Bible class this week
- Worship service starts at 10 a.m. – Christmas Day Service with guest preacher Jason Moore
Thank you for clicking the “like” button in YouTube under each class and sermon.
DECEMBER PRAYER FOCUS
Pray for God to renew our strength as we put our hope in the Lord. (Isaiah 40:28-31)
- For the Gillespie family as they mourn the loss of Jean Gillespie.
- Donna Corbin requests prayers for her ex-husband, Anthony Sims. He has a brain aneurysm and is in the ICU at UC hospital, not doing well.
- Donna also requests prayers for her coworker, Heather, who has cancer and has developed blood clots from the chemo.
- Brian Summers has been diagnosed with atrial fibrillation and will be undergoing testing to determine the cause.
- Christmas Eve Service, including the play Just a Little Christmas performed by our ROCKs kids– Saturday, Dec. 24, 3 p.m.
- Ladies Book Club – Tuesday, Jan. 10 – 6 p.m. @ Bob Evans, Eastgate
- Prime Timers Meeting – Thursday, Jan. 12 – 10:30 a.m.
- Ladies Game Night – Friday, Jan. 20 – 6:30 p.m.
ROCKs events are for children ages 1 through grade 5. Children are encouraged to bring friends to all ROCKs fun activities!
Youth Group is for young people in grades 6 through 12. Youth are encouraged to invite friends to participate in studies and activities.
- New Year’s Lock-In – Sunday, Jan.1, 7 p.m. thru Monday, Jan. 2, 7 a.m.
- Sports N’ Stuff – Saturday, Jan. 7, 3-8 p.m.
- Imagine: Area-wide Youth Worship – Sunday, Jan. 15 @ Westport Road Church of Christ, 4-9 p.m.
No Bible classes on Christmas Day or New Year’s Day. Also, no Children’s Bible Hour on either of these days.
Beginning Jan. 8, Kevin Stewart will be teaching Why We Trust the Old Testament (Part 2) in the auditorium. This second class in the series will explore some of the many archaeological and historical evidences that prove the veracity of the Old Testament. The presentation will include many interesting pictures of archaeological artifacts that confirm the writings in the Bible. These sessions will focus particularly on Joseph and Moses in Egypt and the conquest of the Promised Land.
Adults– Meet in the auditorium beginning Dec. 28 through the end of February.
Encouragement for the New Year – Mike Gulley, leading.
To prepare for this class, Mike asks that you share one line from a hymn or song that gives you encouragement as we head into 2023. Please email it to Mike at email@example.com and be sure to include the name of the hymn/song plus your name in the email.
Youth – Sermon on the Mount: Living the High Life
Hangout Time at 6 p.m. Class meets in the Fellowship Hall for the next two months and begins at 7 p.m.
Children – Meet in the auditorium with parents. Dismissed to class after announcements. Kids age 2-K are in the loft. Kids in grades 1-5, meet downstairs, classroom #7.
Nursery – Meet in the auditorium with parents. Dismissed to class after announcements. The nursery is now staffed on Wednesday evenings for children under 2.