BRAZIL MISSION OPPORTUNITY
We have the opportunity to partner with a Brazilian congregation to plant a new church in a very receptive area in northwest Brazil. Bryan Gibbs and Scott Reynolds from Great Cities Missions will be here January 26-30 to provide more detail about this ministry opportunity. An email was sent yesterday from the elders with details on how you can participate in activities planned around this visit.
RESOLVE TO GIVE
Your gifts to God help the church continue its work through you and thanks God for His many blessings upon us. Donate by dropping your cash or check in the contribution box on the communion table, mailing your check to the church, or giving online through CCB.
If you cannot join us in person this Sunday, please join through our YouTube livestream.
- Bible class starts at 9 a.m. — Practical Lessons from Paul’s Letters
- Worship service starts at 10 a.m. — Test God
Thank you for clicking the “like” button in YouTube under each class and sermon. This is helping make our online outreach to the community more effective!
- Pam Wanninger broke her right ankle last week. She is recuperating at home but has considerable pain.
- Our college students and chaperones are traveling to Atlanta for the Passion conference. Please pray for safe travel and a powerful experience.
- Amanda Shepherd’s youngest brother, Randall is having heart problems.
- Sara Gillespie’s mother struggling with COPD and her father is undergoing tests for possible bone cancer. Please pray for them as they face these health struggles.
- Sherri Crossett is still in the hospital slowly recovering from COVID. Please pray for the Crossett family during this difficult time.
- Monica Stewart’s coworker, Linsey Felts, lost her baby during a prenatal surgery. Please pray for this family’s heartbreak.
- Ted Ellis is home recuperating from shoulder surgery.
- Eddie Shepherd requests prayers for his aunt Helen, who is having a difficult time recovering from COVID, and for his uncle, Mike Shepherd, who is in ICU with liver disease that they hope will respond to treatment.
Send prayer requests and other Newsletter information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LADIES BOOK CLUB MEETS JANUARY 11
The Ladies Book Club will meet on Tuesday, Jan. 11 at 6 p.m. at Panera Eastgate. January’s book is The Circlemaker by Mark Batterson. Please come even if you have not completed the book to enjoy the discussion and fellowship. The Kitchen Front by Jennifer Ryan is the selection for the Feb. 8 meeting.
PRIME TIMERS MONTHLY MEETING JAN. 13
Anyone age 55 and older is eligible to be part of our Prime Timers group. Meetings are held the second Thursday of each month unless otherwise noted. Our January meeting is Thursday the 13th at 10:30 a.m. in the Fellowship Hall.
SERVING OUR NEIGHBORS AS MISSIONARIES MEETING
For all who are part of this initiative group or who are interested in serving in this area, please mark your calendars for Sunday, January 9. We will meet after services for about 15 minutes in the Blue Room (across from the kitchen).
ROCKs events are for children ages 1 through grade 5. Children are encouraged to bring friends to all ROCKs fun activities!
- Wednesday Nights – Hangout time before services, 6 p.m.
- Dec. 31 – Friday, New Year’s Lock-in
- Jan. 7 – Girls Study: Shipwrecked, 7-8:30 p.m.
- Jan. 9 – Area-Wide Youth Worship, Westport Road Church of Christ, 4-6 p.m.
- Jan. 14 – Guys Study: Shipwrecked, 7-8:30 p.m.
- Jan. 15 – Sports N’ Stuff, 11 a.m.–5 p.m.
Adult Classes – Practical Teaching from Paul’s Letters, various teachers
God has called us to live in a way that is “worthy of the Lord” (Col 1:10) and “proper for God’s holy people” (Eph 5:3). But what does that mean? Building upon the previous core class on Romans 12-15, this series will examine six other “practical living” sections of Paul’s letters, including Eph 4 and 5, Col 3, 1 Thess 4:1-12, Gal 5:13-24, and Titus 2:1-3:11.
Youth Classes. – Bible vs World, Don Moore and Christian Thompson, teachers
This practical Bible application class is specially designed for our soon-to-be adult students in grades 11 and 12. Please join us and bring your friends as we discuss what a Christian should know: Bible authenticity, what’s ok while dating, is homosexuality a sin, spouse picking, lying, forgiving, serving, and when to give in. All to be discussed openly and honestly in a class based on the Bible.
Preach the Word: Next Gen
This class for our students in grades 6 through 10 is designed to prepare them to step up and speak out for Christ. We hope our students will grow in these areas that will 1) Strength their faith, 2) Help them share Christ, and 3) Give them tools to be foundational members of a congregation. Students will be divided by gender with Adam Szabo and Ben Ingland teaching the guys’ class upstairs while Angela Thompson and a teacher to be determined teaching the girls’ class downstairs.
Children’s Classes –Children in the nursery through 5th grade learned that God Keeps His Promises by sending Jesus to save us, just as He said He would. This week, children go back to the desert with Moses and see how God Provided Manna. Children’s classes begin at 9 a.m.
Adult Class – The Letter of James
Jim Farley will begin teaching a two-month study of the letter of James on Jan. 5 at 7 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall.
Youth Classes – Special Series on Baptism
Jeff Painter will lead the youth in a three-week series on baptism.
Children’s Classes – Children ages 2 through kindergarten should report directly to the Loft classroom, and children in grades 1 through 5 will meet downstairs in the last classroom on the left. Classes begin at 7 p.m.