NO CHILDREN’S BIBLE HOUR GRADES 1-4 THIS SUNDAY
Many families are vacationing this week, which leaves us without a teacher for the older children in Bible Hour. The younger children, ages 2 through kindergarten, will be dismissed during the service as usual for their class in the loft.
5th ANNUAL CLASSIC CAR CRUISE IN
Church members and folks from around the area will be displaying their classic cars, muscle cars, or just plain cool cars Sunday, July 24 beginning at 6 p.m. in the Withamsville church parking lot. There’s no fee to show your car, and admission for spectators is free as well.
GOD LOVES A CHEERFUL GIVER
From 2 Corinthians 9:6-7, we learn that God wants us to give willingly of our abundance and that we should do so cheerfully. When we do, it helps the church continue our work here and around the world. How to give: place cash or check in the contribution box, mail your check to the church, or use a credit or debit card to give online through CCB.
PHOTO SESSION PLANNED FOR JULY 24
If you have not had a photo taken for the new church directory, please plan to do so on Sunday, July 24 after service. Larry and Sherrill Ferrell will be set up to take your picture and update your information in CCB if you have changed addresses, email, phone number, etc.
MID-WESTERN CHILDREN’S HOME GOLF OUTING IS FRIDAY, JULY 29
The 2022 Sivak-Hesson Legacy Tournament to benefit Mid Western Children’s Home will be Friday, July 29 at Majestic Springs Golf Course. The event begins at 8:30 a.m., and your $125 entry fee (per golfer) includes drinks, lunch and door prizes. Register or become a sponsor through the Mid-Western Children’s Home website. Registration deadline is July 20.
SIENA GARDEN SERVICE JULY 31 AT 4 P.M.
Join us at Siena Gardens Rehabilitation and Transitional Care, 1055 Ohio Pike, for service with the residents. We hold service on the last Sunday of the month. Everyone is welcome – no RSVP required.
YOUR SHOPPING CAN HELP THE CHURCH
Kroger Community Rewards donates money to our church based on the number of people registered in the program who have selected Withamsville Church of Christ as the organization they wish to support. After you have registered your Kroger Plus Rewards card, a percentage of what you spend is given to Withamsville. It’s easy to sign up, and it doesn’t take away from the rewards you earn using your card, such as fuel points and special savings. Sign up through the Kroger website Community Rewards page.
If you cannot join us in person this Sunday, please join through our YouTube livestream.
- Bible class starts at 9 a.m. —John’s Witness to Jesus
- Worship service starts at 10 a.m. – WoW: Weighing Our Words –Bridling Words
Thank you for clicking the “like” button in YouTube under each class and sermon. This helps our online outreach to the community be more effective!
JULY PRAYER FOCUS
Pray that we hold firmly to the word of life. From Philippians 2:12-16 NIV, “Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed – not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence – continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill His good purpose. Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, ‘children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.’ Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain.”
- Bruce Schaerges as he recovers from hip surgery at The Atlantes Rehabilitation Center.
- Hannah Lallathin requests prayers for Joe Ward, who had heart surgery recently He is recovering at home. As Joe will be unable to work for a while, they are in need of financial assistance. If you are able to help, please contact Hannah Lallathin.
- Doris Camara pasted away on July 8. She was a faithful member of the Church and worshiped at the CUMO Millvale location. Last Sunday, various members spoke of the positive influence she had on their lives. There will be no funeral services.
- Wayne Johnson’s coworker, Steve Best, suffered a heart attack last week and is recovering from surgery to place four stents in his heart.
- Eddie Shepherd’s coworker, Ryan Hodges, requests prayers for his mother, Pam Pritchard. She is scheduled for a heart valve replacement surgery on July 21.
Send prayer requests and other newsletter information to email@example.com or use the prayer request form in CCB.
- 5th Annual Classic Car Cruise-In – Sunday, July 24, 6 p.m.
- Mid-Western Children’s Home Golf Outing – Friday, July 29, 8:30 a.m.
- Siena Gardens Worship Service – Sunday, July 31, 4 p.m.
- Community Picnic at Veteran’s Park – Aug. 14, 4 p.m.
ROCKs events are for children ages 1 through grade 5. Children are encouraged to bring friends to all ROCKs fun activities!
- ROCKs Back to School Party – Aug. 12, time TBD
Youth Group is for young people in grades 6 through 12. Youth are encouraged to invite friends to participate in studies and activities.
YOUTH SUMMER SERVICE DAYS
Learning how to serve is a crucial part of being a follower of Jesus, not because we need to earn our salvation, but rather because we understand that we have been given so much in Christ. It is for this reason that we try to give back. Our next Summer Service activity will be a Camp CUMO workday on July 28 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
ADDITIONAL YOUTH EVENTS
- Spring Mill Bible Camp – July 17 – 23
- Ice Cream Night – July 27, after Wednesday evening service
- Summer Service Day -Thursday, July 28, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Hiking – Sunday, July 31
JOHN’S WITNESS TO JESUS
John’s Gospel reflects on different aspects of Jesus’s life than those in Matthew, Mark, and Luke. John says that Jesus did many signs in the presence of the disciples, but those which he has included were written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name (John 20:31). Each week, we will review a different narrative from John focusing on chapters1-11, with the aim of deepening our faith in Jesus.
College & Young Adults plus Youth Classes– Reflect – Youth House, July 17 only
With many people heading to Spring Mill Bible Camp on Sunday morning, Worship Minister Mike Gulley will lead a combined class to be held in the Youth House.
Children’s Classes – Our children through grade 5 last week learned about how God used David to save the Israelites when David Fought Goliath. This week they will learn about how God Made a Covenant with David after he was crowned king.
WEDNESDAY EVENING DIVE SERIES
This week continues our Wednesday evening summer series, Dive, as Kevin Stewart begins the Dive Into Sharing Jesus segment of the series. Last month, Mike Gulley helped us Dive Into Seeking God. Youth and adults will meet together in the Fellowship Hall. Children through grade 5 will meet in their usual classrooms.