KidFest! will be Saturday, Oct. 22 from 5 to 7 p.m. in the church parking lot. If you are bringing a car for Trunk or Treat or would like to help with donations for the hotdog meal, check out the needs list in CCB. New for 2022 – an award for best decorated trunk!
BRING A FRIEND DAY – OCT 23
Invite your friends and neighbors to our Sunday morning service on Oct. 23. We will have coffee and donuts in the Fellowship Hall before class and between class and service. This is a great opportunity to share what we believe and how God works in our lives.
YOU’RE INVITED TO VISIT CANE RIDGE
Everyone is invited to join the Prime Timers on a trip to the Cane Ridge Meeting House in Paris, Kentucky, Oct. 20. The bus will leave the church building at 10 a.m. to visit this historic church. There is a sign-up sheet in the hallway.
SECURITY CAMERAS INSTALLED
Security cameras have been installed to monitor our parking lot and the entrances to the building. This is a proactive measure to ensure the safety of our congregation. Nothing serious has happened, and we hope this helps keep it that way.
THE CHRISTMAS PLAY IS COMING!
ROCKs kids (up to 5th grade) should sign up for the new Christmas play and circle whether you would like to be considered for a speaking part. You must be present for both of the practices – Dec. 18 (after church) and Dec. 21 – to participate. Sign up deadline is Oct. 30. See Shara Aubrey or Sara Faison if you have any questions.
CUMO COAT DRIVE BEGINS OCT. 16
We will be collecting new and gently used winter coats for kids of all sizes. Hats, gloves, and scarves are also appreciated. Bring to the church by Oct. 30. There will be a box available for your donation.
GOD LOVES A CHEERFUL GIVER
Your financial gifts help the church continue our work here and around the world. You can give by placing cash or check in the contribution box, mailing your check to the church, or giving online through CCB.
SUNDAY EVENING BIBLE STUDY GROUP
A Bible study group will meet at the church building on Sunday evenings at 6 p.m. in the auditorium. Everyone is welcome to attend.
f you cannot join us in person this Sunday, please join through our YouTube livestream.
- Bible class starts at 9 a.m. —Panama Mission Update
- Worship service starts at 10 a.m. – Healing Hearts, Part 5
Thank you for clicking the “like” button in YouTube under each class and sermon.
OCTOBER PRAYER FOCUS
Pray that we will find opportunity to do good to all people and especially to one another. Galatians 6:9-10 (NIV): Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
- Sara Knapp’s mother, Barbra Privett, has a fractured disc and two cancerous tumors on her spine. She is currently at Mercy West awaiting treatment.
- Pat Roller, Jim Farley’s mother-in-law, is at Mercy hospital following a liver biopsy that caused excessive bleeding.
- Lois Sanders was feeling unwell Tuesday evening and is at Anderson Mercy Hospital for observation and tests. She is in room 363 and welcomes visitors.
- Marlene Menz requested prayers for her mother-in-law, brother, sister, and herself as all are experiencing health issues.
- Don and Pat Moore’s granddaughter, Saphira, is recovering from viral pneumonia.
- Juanita Moore requested prayers for her brother George, and her coworker, Sandy, for their health issues.
- Tamara Myers is in a treatment center for 30 days. You can encourage her with cards or letters at Warriors for Christ, 84 E. Mound Street, Jackson, OH 45640.
Send prayer requests and newsletter information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fall Songfest @ Garrard St. COC – Sunday, Oct. 16, 3 p.m.
- Sunday Evening Bible Study – Oct. 16, 6 p.m.
- Cane Ridge Trip – Thursday, Oct. 20, 9 a.m.
- Bring a Friend Day – Sunday, Oct. 23, 10 a.m.
ROCKs events are for children ages 1 through grade 5. Children are encouraged to bring friends to all ROCKs fun activities!
- KidFest! – Saturday, Oct. 22, 5-7 p.m.
- Christmas Play sign-up deadline – Sunday, Oct. 30. Sign-up sheet is on the bulletin board.
Youth Group is for young people in grades 6 through 12. Youth are encouraged to invite friends to participate in studies and activities.
- Fall Retreat – Nov. 18-20 (More information and registration)
Adult Classes (plus college students and young adults)
Mission Clinics International – Panama Update
The Sunday, 9 a.m. class for Adults, College Students and Young Adults this week will be a special combined class to hear about our mission in Panama. Jason Moore will be our guest speaker and class will be held in the auditorium. Building Stronger Marriages and The Patriarchs classes will resume next week as usual.
Jesus Who? Wes Aubrey/Mason – Youth House
For kids in grades 6-8. This class is the first step this year into understanding who Jesus is and why He plays such an important role throughout the Bible and in our lives today.
Wisdom Living James, Christian Thompson/Nathan Daughety – Youth House
For students in grades 9-12. James, the brother of Jesus, writes a letter to the churches throughout the known world. His purpose is to bring out honest, practical, nuggets of wisdom to apply to our everyday lives.
Children’s Classes– Lower-level classrooms, 4-K in the loft
This week’s lesson is Isaiah Warned of God’s Judgment (Isaiah 22; 48).
Adults – All To Us, Joe Pauley
During this fall quarter, we’ll be studying Colossians and celebrating the supremacy of Christ throughout this book.
Youth –Sermon on the Mount: Living the High Life
Regular Hangout Time at 6 p.m. with the new class Sermon on the Mount: Living the High Life beginning at 7 p.m.
Children – Kid ages 2-4 are in the loft and kids grades k-5 meet at the pavilion for Running Club classes with Sara Faison and Monica Moore.
Printed version – Noon on Thursdays
Email version – 8 a.m. Friday mornings